2/14/2005

Feed the Children and the Tsunami Victims

One of my weaknesses when it comes to TV, is informercials. But not just the Ronco type, but the Feed the Children type - I think part of me just wants to do something more meaningful than write requirements for web software. So last night, I was watching the latest Feed the Children plea for help, and about half way through, my wife and I look at each other teary-eyed, and she's giving me this, "Well, aren't we going to do anything?" look.

"Honey," I complained, "We're still getting out of debt." Scoldingly, she looks at me and says "we'll hardly miss ten dollars a month for six months." What could I say? FTC has comitted to helping the Tsunami victims for a 6 month period, so we joined on. No, we won't get a picture of some kid we are sponsoring - just a little satisfaction that we are part of telling these people that they are not forgotten (even if they do disappear from the news).

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Michael A. Lewis said...

Don't forget that a percentage of donations to help organizations goes to the organization's overhead. Check this out when consideration a donation and choose the organiztion with the lowest overhead.

Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home